Thursday, August 10, 2006

day off!

lately my days off are basically the exact opposite of productive, but i am determined to make tomorrow's day off count. i've already booked a hair appointment, looked into a paint-your-own-pottery place (more on that in a sec), put some clothes both in the washer AND the drier, and done some sketches for a shirt and the pottery place. i'm also looking up good haircut photos for my hairdresser. i might keep the bangs and get a long shag haircut. i kind of want a whole bunch of crazy layers that i can mess with in the morning and that make bed head look good. why is it all hairdressing photos on line are so awful? i might have to do a little sketch for that, too. also i have five million emails to respond to, a book to read, a kitten to pet, and some pjs to crawl into.

oh! the pottery place. minnie said it first, but i'm not going to lie, i've been thinking about it for months. i want to make a big kraken platter. and maybe some kraken mugs. and possibly a bowl. i mean really, you know i could put him on anything.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I was thinking of doing something like that for my sister-in-law for Christmas. I don't think she'd like Kraken, though...

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about doing this for some soup bowls. I got a great set of bright colored dishes for my last b-day that I love but I didn't get soup bowls. I have been shopping but either they are the wrong color or the wrong shape. So, I thought I may paint my own....