Saturday, July 29, 2006

yamo be there!

before i say anything else, let me tell you this: my deodorant and i are totally breaking up. this stuff sucks. at this moment, i smell terrible. not just sort of sweaty, not even a little ripe, but instead i smell a lot like "excuse me ma'am, did you just crawl out of the gutter?" i bought this before i went on vacation, and actually tried it out in texas. to the state of texas, i apologize. i thought this deodorant was a good idea, honest. i looked at the ingredient label, i compared it to the hippy brand i normally use, and the list of things was practically identical. yet for some reason the other hippy brand works. i can't figure out why, but i'm through analyzing it. this stuff should work the same, but it doesn't. i don't care if it's voodoo or the souls of babies that makes the other stuff effective, i'm going back! the stink isn't worth saving two bucks!

yes, well, i saw 311. i know, i know! i don't really like them that much, but the show was fun. red rocks is crazy beautiful, like everyone says, and the sound is incredible. it's not super huge, and even if you aren't the biggest fan of the band playing at any given time, i bet it would still be a good time to go out there. 311 wasn't as good as ween and the flaming lips are going to be tomorrow night, but i'm glad i got to see red rocks for myself. aside from the gaggle of frat dicks "dancing" behind us, i had a good time. i also had the most ridiculous exchange with a boy ever:

me walking down the stairs from the bathroom to my seat
a young man (by young i mean YOUNG, he had the face of a 12 yr old) steps out in front of me.
i stop.
him: where did you come from?
me: up there.
him: i'm glad you're here, i've been waiting for you forever.
me: i'm sure you were.
if he didn't look like he couldn't drive a car yet, i might have considered making out with him just because that was one of the weirdest come ons i've ever gotten. but he looked like i could be his mom, so i gave him a sqeeze on the side as i walked around him and left it at that.

aren't you glad i didn't see michael mcdonald? i'm going to go haul my tired and stinky butt to bed now. where i will no doubt dream of white men that sound black, audacious young men, and finding a deodorant that won't make me smell awful.

4 comments:

Spacebeer said...

311 are from Omaha, and one of the first shows I went to was this all ages show in Lincoln where they opened for a local band called the Yardapes, some of whom went to my high school. It was a really weird concert and I'm not really a 311 fan, but I am constantly amazed that they are still around and so darn popular.

Anonymous said...

At least you have found ONE natural deodorant that works - I'm still looking! What's your hippy brand? Maybe we have it in Australia and I just haven't tried it yet.
Tabitha99

amanda said...

i like the tom's of maine brand. i'm partially the calendula rose scent, but i've used the manly pine scent in a pinch as well!

Anonymous said...

Tom's, yo.

roo