Tuesday, September 18, 2012

book sale!

because we have so many books, i have vowed to never move again. seriously.  this is it.  if we leave this house, it will be due to an act of nature.  so of course, while i was at my mom's this weekend, i hit up the friend's of the library book sale.  here is what i bought,
  • a.s. byatt's possession: i've always wanted to read this since i read one of her books of short stories. 
  • seizing our bodies, edited by claudia dreifus: this is a book filled with feminist writings from the year i was born, 1977.  i am not ashamed to be called a feminist.  i love reading the writings of early feminists, whether they're championing our rights to vote, or trying to make sure we can have access to health care without being called "sluts." 
  • bothers and sisters, by joanna trollope: i don't know, it looked interesting. 
  • random family, by adrian leblanc: i heard about this on npr a million years ago.  then look! it arrives.  ha!
  • the devil in massachusetts, by marion starkey: like all kids born around halloween, i love all things related to that high holy holiday.  witches, goblins, ghouls, vampires, you name it.  that my mother grew up in rhode island and i had an aunt and uncle in boston piqued my interest in historical witches.  of course, when i found this book, i had to buy it.  also, the one i found had a wicked cover.  
needless to say, i'm planning on hunkering down this fall and reading.  what are you reading?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My mom just sent me memoirs by one of Jackie Kennedy's Secret Service agents that I'm looking forward to getting into (I have a small obsession with the Kennedys). I'm also kind of hoping to get Bob Woodward's latest for my b-day, but that's not till November.

keiko_smiles said...

I am going to read some of my padre's books. The Dredsen File's by Jim Butcher. I am on the fourth one and I love them. I have been reading 5 series of books. Honestly I can't remember them off the top of my head of course. LOL Happy READING! =]