a few of the girls at work yesterday freaked out on my when i told them i was almost thirty. "no way, you don't look that old." while i don't think i look terrible, i don't think i look that young. i mean, the big cheeks and random zits are actually working in my favor, but come on. i don't pass for early twenties anymore! that's fine by me. my early twenties were a hell of a good time, but i don't think i could carry on like that anymore without some serious hangovers. funny how those get worse as you get older.
i had a whole list of things i wanted to do before i turned thirty, and i don't think i've checked a lot of them off. at the same time, i did a whole slew of things i didn't think i would do ever, and that's got to count for something. in the past year i've,
- learned how to drive a stick.
- lived on a boat for three months.
- made another major move from one state to another.
- gotten into my first car accident.
- had a pattern published in a book.
- cut off my long hair.
- i met a hot fisherman and, you know. went in for a one-night stand and ended up with a serious boyfriend. what?!
- i finally conquered my fear of knitting socks and have made a few pairs.
- got a new tattoo and made plans for my next one.
but now i'm going to have a cup of coffee and get ready for work. whoo!