- last night it took over two hours to take apart the cheap-ass futon that's been tormenting my back for months. i needed to break it back down so i could haul it out and drop it in the dumpster, but it was such a ridiculously hard and protracted experience. it involved an allen wrench, a crescent wrench, a rag and a whole lot of swearing. gah!
- therefore, only one full carload of stuff made it from my apartment to the new house. the disassembly also cut into my night of packing.
- i called the apartment manager this morning to ask if it would be okay if i finished moving out tomorrow morning; because i needed help getting my bed downstairs and had to work all day today. they agreed, then asked when the carpet cleaners were scheduled to come on by. um, what?
- i guess i agreed to get the carpets cleaned before i moved. also, the blinds. that part cracks me up because i've been here for 6 months and how dirty can they be? the carpet, sure, but the blinds? i don't see it.
- the good news about this is that they'll take the payment right out of my deposit, so at least it won't be money out of pocket.
- at work, someone called in sick and we had a new girl. this led to another 12 hour shift at work, which is always awesome for the paycheck, but not such a fun thing to do. plus, i think i did sort of a shitty job closing because i felt all antsy about going home.
- the new girl was totally rad, but informed us before she left that her first day was going to be her last. what the hell. i'm glad she at least told us, but what the fuck?! so as nice as she was (is) i'm feeling kind of bitter about her.
tomorrow should be better. cross your fingers!