Sunday, June 08, 2008

here's the thing

lately i have been hating my body in a way that usually only teen girls angst about it, and while i love my bike, sometimes i get home late and it's too dark for a good ride, or i'll be out and the trail will be all busy and i'll get annoyed and not stay out long enough, etc. i thought it would be nice to have something else to do, fitness wise. gyms give me hives; the act of working out in front of other people embarrasses me so much that i practically burst into flames and spend the rest of the day an anxious mess, so that's out. i found a small stair stepper for the low low price of $40. i think that's pretty reasonable. i can use it while watching tv, in the privacy of my home, and i think it will supplement the bike riding well. a little variety never hurt anyone.

it's just weird how now i'm a woman with a stair stepper. i could, theoretically, just climb stairs, but i'm telling you, you really don't want to have anything to do with me after i've dealt with sweaty-in-public anxiety.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I hate exercising, too. Sweat makes my skin burn. Maybe I'm a vampire.