Saturday, June 14, 2008

i got wasted with my sister, and all i got was this crappy hangover


start of blanket, originally uploaded by pinprick.

last night i'm getting off work and kind of slowly making my way out of the store, which i am wont to do. i don't know why, some nights i get the hell out of there, some nights i dawdle, like i'm shifting gears there before driving home. whatever the reason, i was totally pokey about getting out of there, and in the parking lot i ran into my sister and the baby. maggie wanted a balloon-balloon, of course, so i obliged my little muppet. while we're getting her a balloon my sister tells me they're going to target and i should come with. while at target she starts harassing me about just coming home with her to spend the night, she has no one to have cocktails with. i give in, we stop by the rez on the way home, and long story shorter, we drank most of a bottle of peach flavored vodka.

while drinking she gave me an awesome manicure, we ate frozen hom bao, and had this impossibly long, drunken, heartfelt and tear-inducing talk. this might sound weird if you don't have a sister, but while that might sound horrible, sometimes it's really good to just get blotto with your sister and cry your eyes out. waking up the next morning hungover and having to hear the backyardigans, not so much fun. we just needed to have a good talk, and while we're not always going to see eye to eye on everything (like her douchebag boyfriend), it doesn't mean i don't understand where she's coming from or love her any less. she's a grown-up, and as much as i want to protect her from retard boys, i can't. she's got to fend for herself. i did warn her, though, that i feel hugely protective of maggie and won't do well with anyone who doesn't just totally adore her and realize how awesome she is. i don't care who it is, i'm not even saying her douchebag boyfriend is anything but nice to her, i just needed her to know.

it was a long and fun night, followed by a long and longer day. i'm glad to be home now; i'm going to knit and watch some cartoons on adult swim and then maybe snl. whoo!

3 comments:

Spacebeer said...

That totally makes me wish I lived closer to my sisters -- its just not the same when your drunken hangouts take place in the context of Christmas or some special visit-time...

Anonymous said...

Sister-drunk is a good drunk. I rarely regret it.

Vickie @ In My Head Studios said...

i should totally get more drunk with my twin sister who, since we moved, is now a mere 7 blocks away. i love living so close to her now.