Wednesday, June 25, 2008

to do, redeux

i really want that tatoo, dammit. you know what else i want? my septum ring back. is that totally absurd? i mean, i'm past thirty now, and haven't had my nose pierced in over five years, but i miss it. the other nice thing about it is that i can hide it when i'm working, and i feel like if i want to drill a hole through my nose then wear a ring when i feel like it, i should be allowed to. after all, isn't that the point of being a grown up? eating dessert first, drinking coffee whenever i want, going to bed late at night or etching a permanent "to do:" on my wrist should be a-okay.

1 comment:

wixlet said...

Septum piercings don't usually close completely, so you might be able to stretch it back to its original size. I had to take out my rings to have my c-section and then had to leave them out to nurse, but I put them in again about 2.5 years later, but at a 14 instead of a 12. I was surprised to find that I could, but I just used a taper to reinsert the jewelery and went on my merry way.