Friday, June 06, 2008

bored and boring


lately i can't bring myself to be even remotely interested in anything on tv. i also haven't been into watching movies. on the weekend, that sort of behavior is common, but during the week i admit to loving to veg in front of my tv for a while after work. what's wrong with me?

working on a dog-faced boy little people painting. i also had pretty much the awesome-est idea for a family crest that i'm working out as well. i don't know why i've been thinking about family crests; i think it kind of has to do with a lot of different people this week making a big stink about my english-sounding name. i say it's "english sounding" all the time, totally forgetting that i am, indeed, actually english. i just don't think about it much except when i'm in love with shows on the bbc and craving tea and kippers.

my sister and baby came to see me at work today! baby is still sickly, poor thing, and sounds hilarious. sort of like a frog baby, or a very old woman in a baby's body. she's got a little deep, raspy thing going on, and it's pretty cute. she came running up to me, doing that little hop-skip-jerk thing she does, and the lady i was helping laughed and said, "oh my! she's like a little character!" with her blonde pigtails and sing-songy voice, she certainly is. she reminds me of a muppet. i got to hook her up with many balloons, walk around with her, chew on her chubby cheeks and witness a real two-year-old tantrum. my sister handles them very well, and when she was calmed down we threatened to sell her to gypsies if she was naughty and maggie giggled and said, "no gypsies!" we said, oh, but we could make a lot of money off you, and she was like "no money! no selling maggie to gypsies!" i'm sure anyone who overheard us thinks we're awful, but it was pretty funny to us. i haven't seen my family much lately; we've all been sick and the last thing i wanted to go home and re-infect anyone or pass something new along, so i've been laying low. i miss my baby, though! i need some toddler cheeks to chew on or else.

okay, enough boring chatter. i wish i had more to say, but the lung thing and the antibiotics are both keeping me down. i'm tired all the time, and queasy when i'm up. good times.

No comments: