Wednesday, June 11, 2008

lazy sunday


book jacket, originally uploaded by pinprick.

oh i know, it's wednesday. i didn't do a lot today; nothing much but shop for things i didn't necessarily need (but love anyhow), eat a leisurely brunch with a friend from work, and then lounge in the tub reading the latest sedaris book. i wasn't the hugest fan of the last book; dress your family in corduroy and denim. some of the stories were great, some were forgettable. it might not be my favorite david sedaris book, but i still think it's better than a lot of other books that came out that year. in any case, i wasn't so sure about this one, but i saw him the other night on the jon stewart show and he was as adorable and charming and funny as i remember and then i just had to have this. that, and will is reading it and enjoying it! i picked it up while i was at costco and flipped through it, starting reading a page at random and laughed out loud. since getting it home i've laughed out loud some more and spent some quality time with it while taking a soak.

i'm going to miss living alone. roommate's are an inevitable and necessary evil for me, so i feel like i need to take advantage of this last month in my apartment. the place is needlessly messy, just because it can be. i take long baths with the door open while watching tv. i stay up until all hours of the night knitting and painting and watching crappy tv. soon i'll have to keep my laundry in neat piles, clean out the toilet when it gets gross, stop wandering around naked, make sure my dishes are in the sink and nothing too stinky is in the fridge. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean... I love being alone in my apartment. I really want to live alone, but I just can't afford it. for me, it's all about no-pants time. I love not wearing pants. hehe. oh and keeping the bathroom door open. and being able to watch what I want on tv, whenever I want. and. and. and. :)