Monday, June 02, 2008

on cheese and coughs


cut morbier, originally uploaded by pinprick.

this coughing is getting seriously out of hand. last night i had a coughing fit so harsh, so long, that i actually peed a little. yes, i peed a little. in my pants. oh. my. god. needless to say, i made a doctor's appointment the second i woke up this morning.

i say i sound like a deranged dog or barking seal, and you might think i'm joking, but it's the god-honest-truth. tonight while walking through a parking lot i coughed and some dog came leaping the his car door window, ferociously barking, then he stopped, cocked his cute head and looked at me like "um, you are no dog." i smiled and waved.

also, look at that beautiful wheel of morbier. it came in today for the first time at my store, and i carried it around for a while making everyone sniff it and admire it. it is a stinky washed-rind cheese, but once you realize that all stinky cheeses taste amazing you begin to really enjoy that smell. i understand crazy old men now in a way i didn't before. in any case, i'm going to blog about this cheese properly and then let you know where my cheese blog is. my goodness, morbier is amazing. if you ever run into it at the store, please buy some. if you hate it you can blame me, but trust me, it's delicious.

i have to go cough some more! and put on some adult diapers.

No comments: