Tuesday, November 20, 2007

OH. MY. GOSH.


our bunks, originally uploaded by pinprick.

the fisherman calls me yesterday while i'm at lunch and tells me we "need to to talk" and then gets me all nervous by saying he was missing me so much the other night he did something stupid, and the next thing you know he's telling me he'll be in town wednesday! as in, tomorrow! my fisherman! he bought a plane ticket and didn't make out with some naknek ho!

it's been three months. sometimes it doesn't feel that long because we're both busy working and we still get to talk pretty often, but once i realized he was going to be here soon it's like i finally felt how long it's been. we haven't seen each other for as long as we were on the boat, which seemed like a million years when i was there.

i am so excited to see him. i hope he still thinks i'm cute, obviously, and i hope he likes my people, but even though i'm a tiny bit nervous (in a good way) i have a feeling we're going to have a good time. he's going to get to go to portland with me and meet my people there, i'm going to get to show him all the things in town i love, we're going to get to pick out a bed together (i would try to make that not sound cheesy, but dammit, i'm too stoked), i'm going to get to take him out to eat and to movies and we're going to spend some serious time just sucking face like teenagers. awesome!

hooray for thanksgiving and hooray for awesome fisherman and hooray counting down the hours. i'm positively spazz-tastic right now, and i don't care who knows it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Great news!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Best Thanksgiving ever, etc.! Get a good bed!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! (Yup, a good non-squeaky bed. Did I really say that?)

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, those Naknek Ho's are the worst....

Happy Thanksgiving Amanda! So happy that The Fisherman is gonna be spending it with you...

The wedding in Boston was amazing...email me for the gritty details...

Tons of Love to you and your folks...

Vickie @ In My Head Studios said...

yippee! cannot wait to hear about all the fun!

chewtastic said...

eep!

Anonymous said...

Oh the suspense - we need details!

Roone said...

Be sure to make him wash his hands! Aaaah. For some reason I haven't read your blog in a while.

Vickie @ In My Head Studios said...

10 days with no news?! must be having fun!