Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my last post as a 30 year old

in five minutes i'm 31! crazy. good crazy, but crazy nonetheless.

i thought i had the day off, and i did have half of it to myself, mainly because when they called me in i was all the way in lynwood and told them they would just have to wait. i was annoyed, and hungover, but he hours are totally appreciated.

i've been digging on old pj harvey albums lately. i forgot how impossibly awesome both dry and rid of me are. i remember buying dry, sometime in high school, after reading a review of it someplace, and it just totally kicked my ass. i had no idea women could sound like her and still have the giant guitars and rock. i still have the early albums on cassette tape someplace, but i recently went ahead and replaced them with cds.

i think tomorrow i'm going to try to hunt down some scary movies to celebrate my birthday with. i'm hoping for some rob zombie films, and some zombie goodness. now i'm going to go spent the rest of 30 playing with the cat who is seriously pissed at me for not coming home last night. what can i say? i clearly couldn't drive home and instead went to a house party after singing piano man at karaoke with friends. vanilla vodka and ruby red squirt are a delightful pair, by the way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! How cool, you're practically a Halloween baby :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday tooo yoooooou!

Anonymous said...

Here's to a much better birthday than the day-before-the-birthday was. Happy almost-Halloween birthday!

April said...

Happy Birthday!! Eat cake and be merry!!

Spacebeer said...

Yay for 31 (only about 8 hours late)! I actually highly recommend it and I think my 31st year has been better than my 30th was. Now I'm looking at 32 in about a month -- I'll let you know how that goes....