Sunday, October 26, 2008

something in the air

everyone is having a lousy week. it's not just me, and pretty much everyone else i know having a crappy time is having it much worse than i am, so i feel guilty for wallowing around in boy-self-pity. a good friend of mine just got a DUI. another found out her husband is sleeping with what used to be her best friend. one of my favorite customers is helping his girlfriend go through the last stages of her cancer. a cute couple i work with are going through the first stages of breaking up. everyone i know is sad and freaked out and worried about the future. it's a mess. i find myself hugging my friends a lot lately, hugging them tight just so they know i'm here.

this all makes me want to cancel my birthday plans and just settle in for the rest of the month at my house with a cup of tea, a few knitting projects, the kitten and her toys, and just hide out until the emotional storm passes. that's probably not very realistic, but a girl can dream.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Carson was born today, it can't be all bad! Looking at his cute little face should cheer you up a bit

Anonymous said...

It isn't just you, it is going around for sure. My friend's fiancee was laid off on Friday, the day before they were supposed to have their engagement party, but her mother was diagnosed with Shingles so they canceled it. And my special man-friend was laid off just today. And Saturday night some other friends had to put their cat to sleep. Bummers all around.