Monday, October 29, 2007

hey, i need a place to live!

today is the 29th, and the very last day i will be in my 20's. it's my last day as 29! i feel like drinking. or laying around the house. or tattooing something. however, instead of doing anything like that i'm going out to look at apartments with my friend josh. if the fisherman gets here as soon as he thinks he will, i'm going to need to have someplace for him to stay. of course, i would also really love to be on my own again, out of this tiny house and with a commute that doesn't eat gas the way cops eat donuts.

my new roommate, beside the fisherman, will be the aforementioned josh. he's a guy i work with who i like a lot; he's young, nerdy, funny and sort of a smart-ass, and this will be his first apartment. i worry a little about living with a boy who isn't old enough to drink, and who is sometimes a little spacey and forgetful, but he's such a nice boy i think everything will work out okay. plus, the one place we're kind of hoping to get has only a 6 month lease and then goes month to month, so we won't have to sign away our lives together. looking for and at apartments is exhausting and it doesn't help that both boys are like "oh, you know more, you should just do it." josh has been so pushy about it too! that's why i'm making him go with me today, i'm sort of tired of being in charge. there's only so much demanda* in me, you know. he's going to have to learn how to do this shit at some point anyhow, best he learns now.

ugh. the thought of filling out all that paperwork and applications is not appealing, but living here with my folks and the fisherman is a lot less appealing. off to the shower i go, wish me luck!

*demanda is me when i'm bossy! it's a very demanding amanda.

7 comments:

Roone said...

Josh sounds like me except I'm not "young".

go sox.

wixlet said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy (champagne/golden) birthday!

Living with a youngster that's not even old enough to drink sounds like a big pain in the ass. I think there's gonna have to be a lot of demanda in that situation. Maybe the fisherman will teach him how to be a man. :)

Vickie @ In My Head Studios said...

Happy Birthday!! 30 is not so bad. i like my 30s. i'm 32, which i cannot seem to remember. i always have to do the math. 33 cannot come too soon (1.5 months)! much easier to remember.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Twenty-nine is for suckers! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a super birthday. Your plans sounded just perfect.