Friday, August 15, 2008

long days

work has been exhausting lately. it's more of the same old story; people quitting, people on vacation, people bitching and pissing and moaning instead of, oh, i don't know, doing their job?! it's at a point right now where i think every day of looking for another job, but am so tired the thought of resumes and applications makes me fall straight into a coma. summers in grocery stores are all shitty, summers in delis especially so.

in my free time i'm knitting hats. this is my latest. my roommate will most likely end up with it; she's going to do my hair this weekend and it's the least i can do. plus she really likes it, and i have to admit it turned out cute. i'm working on another one for me, which is selfish seeing as i have a list of christmas knitting to be working on, but i maintain that this hat i'm making is a trial run for a pattern i'm making up and i just need to make sure it works. that and i fell in love with a green and mustard yarn that must be part of my life. the hat will be striped (of course) and cabled (natch). i'm busy getting my yarns and patterns ready for camping, because there is quite literally not much i love more than campfires, marshmallows, beers, friends and knitting. i don't think i'm the only woman out there who buys yarn in preparation for trips out into the wilderness.

i'm also trying, one more time*, to lose a little weight. i mention this not because i plan on diet blogging, but because i find when i don't tell people i have a harder time sticking with it. letting kids at work know means that they don't offer me delicious tastes of what they're working on, and the coffee girl doesn't feel bad when i turn down her free smoothies. i've made a deal with myself: lose X amount of weight by my birthday, reward myself with one big awesome tattoo. i'm not looking to whittle away to nothing, but i'd like to feel a bit more confident in my skin, and want to get my tummy tamed so my boobs look even better. that's reasonable! my plan so far is this; no more snacking at work unless i'm on a break and snacking on something from home, no more cocktails at work (only on my days off) and at least one very reasonable, diet-conscious meal a day. i eat well for breakfast, don't do a lot of sugary drinks, and dinner is usually easy for me, it's the eating at work thing that's totally killing me. a chicken wing here, or some artichoke dip there seems like nothing but adds up. i just need to pay more attention to what i'm eating and i think that should help.

*ha! yes, i said it. of course, when i go on another diet/change of lifestyle kick, i'll say the same thing. i know it!

5 comments:

April said...

Ooooh, that IS a cute one! You are so craftastic!

Anonymous said...

I'm blogging about my efforts on the weight thing too... My the force be with us...

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to drop some weight by the time I head home in October...I wish both of us good luck!

Anonymous said...

hey, is there a way to keep reading this blog without twitter popping up and asking for verification?

amanda said...

i've never noticed twitter doing anything like that, sorry. i'm not sure what's going on!