Monday, August 04, 2008

alright!

i need you to remind me that flirting with a married man is not okay. a huge chunk of me knows this to be the case, but is weak enough to be flattered when he starts and unable to stop the proverbial ball from rolling. i need you to remind me that while i might not be beating the men off with a stick right now, i'm also not so down-trodden that i need to make a stop at adultery town. he's not available, and if he thinks he is, he's more of a loser than i realized. i will NOT hang out with him outside of work. i WILL start taking my lunches at weirdo times. i'll go out to a bar and meet a nice boy to make-out with and cleanse my palette of all this. i'm embarrassed how much of my attention has been absorbed by this torrid little story. gah. i feel like a girl who just got hit on for the first time and is weak enough to believe the hype. ridiculous!

in the meantime, did you know topo chico is pretty much the greatest mixer with bourbon? how did this escape my attention all these years? dear joolie and eric, thanks for introducing me to topo chico. you get a gold star!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't do it! be strong! think how you would feel if you were his wife! and also, we all know that means he would do this to you!

that being said... I understand the feeling. one of my co-workers and I got kind of a little close for a while... one day he told me he wished he'd met me before his wife (!!!) and I was just like uhhhh. but I'm scared of attention, so I shirked away from him after that, heh.

be strong!! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, flirting is okay. But you are forbidden from ANY physical contact. Consider it practice for some one who is available....

Anonymous said...

I'd say don't do anything you wouldn't do if his lady was there.

ps. topo sucks!