Wednesday, August 06, 2008

aunt flo can suck it

my uterus is totally being a bitch, y'all. tonight after work, and many, many ibuprofen, i bought some beer and ice cream and headed out. in the check-out line i joked with the cashier, "who's got her period?! not me!" ugh. i feel bloated and retarded and pissy. i just thought you should know.

the thing is, i've been having my period for many years now (twenty this year, to be exact), but it's only in the past year or so that i've actually had cramps. it's like the one nice thing god did for me; sure i got my period at an ungodly age, but no cramps! jokes on me, i guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

take 2 ibus and 2 tylenols... this is my secret weapon. I feel ok doing this b/c an ER doctor told me it was safer than taking 4 ibus like I usually do. you might want to try it, but it does make me a little sleepy :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I was the same age, but got the whole package, cramps and all. The plus side, if there was one, was that I never had acne. Until I turned thirty. Thirty!

Re: the cramps, my gyno recommended 2-3 ibus every 3-4 hours. It helps.

Anonymous said...

I find a large bag of potato chips, followed by a pint of chocolate ice cream and about 6 Motrin usually do the trick for me.

Anonymous said...

You might discuss with your OB/GYN — never having cramps and then suddenly having them could mean something (like fibroids). Or, you could take that new pill that stops periods altogether!