Monday, July 14, 2008

extra crispy

tonight was my overnight shift; once a month we have to do inventory and for whatever reason everyone does it in the middle of the night. it makes sense because there aren't as many customers, or workers, so a few of us can go in and bust out a shitload of numbers then head back home to bed. part of me dreads inventory, part of me loves it. the day of inventory is weird because you spend the whole day relaxing, trying to nap, taking it easy and conserving your strength. today's activities involved reading, napping, drinking beer and laying in the sun.

that last part kind of screwed me, though. i swear i was outside in the sun for all of 45 minutes. not even all of it in direct sunlight! yet i still burnt to a crisp. only on my topside, though, because my legs are refusing to take any color whatsoever. the funny part is that i applied sunscreen to my cleavage, thinking about the skin there is delicate and thin, so while my boobs are bright red, there's this pretty, perfectly straight white line between them. genius! i also have big white sunscreen circles around all my tattoos, and my nose got a bit red too. my face overall looks okay; it's a nice golden color, but my chest and arms are impossibly, painfully red. i itch, i burn, and have no idea how i'm going to sleep tonight. clothes are uncomfortable, and my sheets, while new and freshly laundered, feel about as cozy as sandpaper.

i'm going to go fill the tub with aloe vera and try not to cry. remind me of this when i feel like getting some color, okay? thanks.

1 comment:

Anne said...

A cool baking soda bath will feel better as will washcloths soaked in super fatty milk applied in local areas. Good luck!