Wednesday, December 13, 2006

holiday got me down

not too down, but i feel all rushed to finish gifts that are close to being done, wrap the ones that are done, and put stuff in the mail. i'm disappointed the post office isn't open this sunday, because if they were, damn i could get a lot done. however, since it's been assumed since i was born that i will be late to my own funeral, i think presents that show up on the 27th won't be too upsetting for my friends and family.

i ate corn chips in bed the other night, and let me tell you, cracker crumbs are like velvet compared to shards of fritos. just so you know.

i just found out that we officially have one month left in our apartment, before moving into the biggest house on earth. did i tell you i get my own garage there? my own garage. i'm amazed. plus, this is a house that will have two ovens, many bathrooms, and room enough for me to take over part of the basement with a big work table. i will be living above ground for the first time in six years, so it was pretty much understood that i will need a place to hide. a corner of the basement seemed totally reasonable. i am not particularily looking forward to the moving part, or the new commute to work that lasts more than five minutes, but this house is spectacular and i'm excited about living in it. while i'm not a home-owner myself, i do feel more accomplished living with one. curious about where i'm living? so am i, so i looked over here. i guess stuff has happened there. who would have guessed?

No comments: