Saturday, December 09, 2006

Secret Boyfriend Saturday

if i'm going to admit my love for rob zombie, then i have to also admit my love of bruce campbell. after all, where would rob be with out bruce? on the evolutionary time line of great horror films, bruce comes before rob. it goes evil dead, then house of 1,000 corpses.
a boyfriend of mine in college introduced me to evil dead. well, i think it was actually his roommate that introduced me. in any case, i was sort of afraid to watch them (you might recall i had an experience with freddy krueger as a kid that sort of put me off horror films), but i played it totally cool because this guy was phenomenally cute, and in the end thought it was really funny. however, being that this was in college, i was pretty drunk at the time and i sort of forgot about seeing it for a while.
i really started crushing on bruce later, after i saw him on the x-files and in bubba ho-tep. the more i saw him on screen, the more i liked him. he's also another secret boyfriend who is handsome in movies, but becomes even more irresistible when you see him in interviews being all charming and smart. there is something in me that will always love a boy who is a bit of a smart-aleck.
if there is one thing i am totally afraid of it's falling in love with a man with a weak chin. what on earth would i do with a kid with no chin? i'd have to save for college and a chin implant at the same time, and that makes me tired just thinking about it. as an added bonus, with bruce this is not a fear i need to have. he has a wonderful chin. he can also grow amazing chops, has a nice deep voice, and totally falls into that "tall and dark" category i have a such weakness for. i know i'm not the first girl to crush out on bruce on her blog, but i don't think it can be mentioned enough that bruce campbell is one hot guy, and totally deserving of secret boyfriend status.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we share Brucie! :) woo hoo! :D

Anonymous said...

Hell, I'm a heterosexual man, and Bruce is my secret boyfriend.

Gimme some sugar, baby!

Spacebeer said...

I am totally feeling this SB, and in fact, I was just reading a review of Evil Dead yesterday morning.