Monday, March 24, 2008

ahhh-chooo!

when did people stop calling seasonal allergies "hay fever?" because the past few days when anyone has asked, "what's wrong? what are you sick with?*" i've been saying "oh nothing, a little hay fever" and they look at me like "what the fuck are you talking about? fever? from hay?" i can literally see the pollen in the air, so it's not a big surprise to me that i itch like a sonofabitch and am sneeze-tastic. i'm on the claratin, but not to much avail. nothing stops the sneezing, yo.

easter was super fun. we had both lamb of god and ham, too many side dishes to count, and three desserts. maggie had an awesome day, and we spent the day running around after each other and trying to sneak more candy than her mom (my sister) thought was appropriate. because i had to work late last night doing inventory, we took a little nap in the afternoon together and that was pretty much my favorite part of the day. she was a little cuddle monkey and even though she woke me up a few times with a foot in my belly, it was a good nap.

anne and tiernan and henry are on their way here as we speak! yay! i should have more of the apartment cleaned up, but it can actually be difficult to tidy up with nothing has a place to be stored. i feel a giant closet stuffing coming on... hopefully pizza for dinner and lots of photos to come! it will be fun to have guests, although i feel a bit sheepish about our apartment. attaining furniture hasn't been high on our list of priorities, and getting my stuff out of storage has been a major issue, so we still live with one lame-ass futon, two camp chairs and four plates. not exactly fancy. plus, nothing is up on the walls because we don't have nails and you can't really hang up stuff if you don't know where anything else is going. we are a bare walled, white and messy apartment right now. they've seen my messy nests before, but i'm sad because the one thing that's fun about me is that my rooms are fun to poke around in. lots of interesting things to get your hands on, pictures to look at, weird stuff in jars or piles. now, not to much.

*this is actually our new standard greeting at work, what with all the plagues running rampant. up next: rain of frogs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as far as I know, hay fever is a certain type of allergies and not a term for allergies in general. but, then again, what the hell do I know?

Anonymous said...

You'd think with all the 8 billion allergy medicines on the market these days, hay fever wouldn't be such a foreign term...I think allergy season has come far too early this year. Better refill my Allegra-D soon!

Anonymous said...

We mostly have cedar fever here. I just thank god we don't have rain-of-frog fever. That would be even messier.