Friday, February 29, 2008

ha!


6th grade, originally uploaded by pinprick.

i found a whole bunch of old photos while i was at home the past few days, and this one cracked me up. this was me in the 6th grade; awkward, weird looking, with the biggest glasses on earth. this is after the summer i had to start wearing them, and the summer where i got my first period. my teeth were still huge and the gap was still there, so i wouldn't smile for any camera ever. it was not my happiest school year, but things got better, including my haircut.

baby was crazy cuddly and sweet yesterday, she was all hugs and smiles and tickles. i love that. we didn't do anything but lounge around the house yesterday watching dinosaur movies and trying to get her to eat some food. it was a totally awesome day. i kind of love doing nothing, i'm not ashamed to admit it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about the cutest damn thing I've ever seen. But you're right, your hair looks much better now.

April said...

Your face says it all!! I LOVE it though! These are the best pictures to look back on. At the time we don't think so, but they are much more interesting!

Unknown said...

I think I had the same glasses, but in blue.

Sadly, I was a sophomore in high school, old enough to know better.

Anonymous said...

I too suffered through the faux Mary Lou Retton hair cut (seriously, your 6th grade picture looks a lot like mine).

At least you were smart enough to stay away from the Golden Girls pink-to-blue tint on your lenses.

amanda said...

i begged for the tint! my parents were the ones that put the kibosh on that, and for that i am thankful.