Wednesday, February 06, 2008

that captain is suck a dick

i just tried to do my taxes, like i do every year, online with H&R block. usually the procedure is fast and painless, but that fucking captain sent me some mysterious tax paperwork that is just fucking me over. when i add it in, my return goes from $1200 to $300. $900 in taxes for $4000 paid? that seems extreme. i'm going to have to go to the tax ladies at the library and hope they can help. i could really use that money, too. i'm still so far behind from being fucked over this summer that $300 is kind of an insult. dammit.

also, i went to the laundromat today to wash my comforters, and guess what? while i was out hunting down more quarters a drier caught on fire. yes. FIRE. acrid, dangerous black smoke everywhere, fussy firemen, and all my clothes taking on that lovely chemical burn smell. awesome! had to wait outside in the freezing cold for the firemen to tame it, then another half hour for it to be considered safe enough to go in and get my stuff.

today kind of sucked. i could have handled the laundromat becoming dante's inferno if i'd had my camera with me, but no. enduring fire and mayhem isn't as fun when it's your stuff and you can't even take a picture! i bought some ice cream afterward, though. that was nice. we'll talk about cheese tomorrow, okay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sucky.

it sounds like te captain is trying to pay you as an independent contractor, so that means that he doesnt have to pay half your taxes likea regular employer does.. There are super specific rules about that...
i had an employer do that to me and i took it to the EDD and i won.

Anne said...

ooh, sorry about the fire! Is your stuff ok? Do you have renter's insurance?

Anonymous said...

yep. self-employment taxes. most of those type jobs are for contract. sucks, eh? gimme a call if you need help.

Unknown said...

btw. I spelled my new link wrong. blackokra.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Do you have to file a return in Alaska? If he did have you as an independent contractor you probably don't but double check... taxes suck....BTW, did you purposely say suck instead such?