Friday, February 15, 2008

a day late

things i am totally loving right now, in honor of valentine's day:
  • honey in my coffee. i don't know why i started, i think it was one morning when i realized the fisherman had emptied the sugar bowl into his tea and i was too lazy to fill it back up, but whatever, i am loving it. it adds just a little sweetness, and the taste ends up being kind of caramel-y. it's awesome.
  • fisherman freckles.
  • we are having a sale on brie at work and suddenly i am consumed with trying to find ways to add brie to every meal. brie stuffed in french toast? on a sandwich? wrapped in pastry and baked? melted and shot into my veins via IV? okay!
  • six feet under. i have a morbid sense of humor, and this show pretty much caters to my every need. we realized that renting the rest of them would be crazy expensive, but you can buy the seasons pretty inexpensively and used on amazon. the plan is to buy them as we need them, then resell them when we're done. or maybe donate them to the library so that everyone can enjoy them!
  • the way my little niece says "i love you." it sounds like "i love vooo," and it's the coolest thing on earth. she's still calling me "mama" too, although she says it in a totally different way than she says it to her actual mom. she's got a different version of mama for both me and grandma, and when i try to correct her she looks at me like i'm dumb and says, "no, mama!" that is also pretty damn cute.
  • being thisclose to getting my shit out of storage. i just have to make the arrangement and then yay! cutlery! dishes! clothes! books! all my shoes!

No comments: