Saturday, April 19, 2008

p.s.

when i'm not gnawing off the inside of my cheeks and contemplating cat acquisitions, i am busy bidding on fisher price little people on ebay. for one thing, seeing them makes me feel happy. for another, maggie has inherited mine and my sister's old little people house and it is strangely lacking in actual people. there's furniture, but where are the folks? i am nothing if not a sucker for nostalgia as well as convinced my childhood was the best, so i can't abide by the new-school little folks. she needs plastic, 1970's little people. they're hard to find at thrift stores, so i'm bidding on a lot of different lots hoping some pay out. some of them i will keep to look at when i feel pokey, and most will go to the most spoiled two year old i know.

p.p.s. i won some! i can't wait to get them and take photos before passing some of them on to maggie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fisher Price Little People float quite nicely in the toilet. My daughter was trying to teach them to swim.

amanda said...

hmmm...i wonder if that's where all my original little people went...i wouldn't put it past my sister or me!

Unknown said...

did you want more things? we had the barn and my mom found the CASTLE (no shit!) at a garage sale. i saw the barn, both the one i had and an older one (both without the silos) recently, and i think collected bags of people. do you want me to pick them up for you if they're cheap?