Friday, April 06, 2007

home again, home again, jiggety jig

washington is a million times more beautiful than i remember it being. i thought i was all misty about it because it's been a while since i was here last, but DAMN. it did not disappoint. plus, the air smells better here. that sounds dorky, and probably is, but that's the first thing i thought when i got off the plane.

today my pop and i ran some errands, he had a doctor's appointment and i needed a new set of knitting needles because i broke mine in the airport bar*. maybe i broke them. maybe the guy next to me did. in any case, they are broken and i have a baby blanket to work on! i also picked up another set of needles though, because i found a crazy yarn that will make a great hat for J. it's warm to think about hats, but this time when fall hits i'll be ready!

my parent's house is smaller than i remember, but in a good way. being here makes me realize where i get my nest-y tendencies. the room i grew up in is so tiny! all the rooms in all the houses/apartments i've ever lived in have been the smallest, and in my last house i slept in the closet because the room was just way too big. at heart, i am a rodent. sometimes a mole, sometimes a rat. either way, i like my spaces small and cozy.

i have some emails to send out and some stuff to do with mom to help her get ready for easter. in a lot of ways i miss colorado already, but there is nothing in the world like going home.

*absolut pears and soda is my new favorite drink. i think it would also be amazing with 7up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. You arrived to some pretty nice weather, too. (Don't think it's been like this much, or will continue to be! But you know that). Glad you're home, and hope that "Tom" maybe comes to visit sometime?

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to have you back as I am sure MANY people are! Enjoy every second of it and Happy Easter!!! Call me when you have some time. I am at home, just waiting to POP! :O)