Saturday, April 21, 2007

hooray!

look at this cute baby face! henry was angry the first day i met him, but since then i think he's warmed up to me. in a few more days he'll like me more (i hope). tiernan is busy being a superhero, but not too busy to cuddle up with me and hold my hand when we cross the street. man, i missed my people. took the max yesterday for the first time, and it was super fun. saw a crazy, funny horror film, ate some delicious things, and today we have even more planned.

in the three days i've spent in portland i've felt more at home than in the year+ i lived in colorado. i don't think i ever would have appreciated that this much if i hadn't gone, though. i feel positively grateful.

we thought we'd know more about pop's cancer yesterday, but mom is telling me that he needs more tests. i don't know if i can believe her or if she's just trying to make me feel better. i wasn't going to come down to portland when i found out he was sick but she practically pushed me out of the house. i think they wanted a few days alone to process this, and i don't blame them for that. while i'm having a fun time here in the rose city part of me does feel guilty i'm not there with them. at the same time i know they worry more when they see me stomping around the house, frowny and anxious. i go home on monday, when dad has more tests, and i guess until then i just do what i'm doing and hope for the best and wait and see. the waiting is so fucking lame, that's what's hardest to deal with right now. not knowing exactly what's going on, knowing that the longer it takes them to figure it out the higher the chances are that they aren't going to say, "oops! we made a mistake, go home, so sorry!" limbo is just not a fun place to hang out.

p.s. real internet, not dial-up is delightful. it's fan-fucking-tastic to be frank. I LOVE IT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little guy. And what an awesome T-shirt!

Anonymous said...

How much to procure a "boobs" onesie? I have a little one who NEEDS one. :)