Sunday, April 29, 2007

pretty


shipyard and ocean, originally uploaded by pinprick.

the weather the past few days has been extraordinary. clear and bright and warm(er), it makes me want to take a lot of photos. this afternoon, if i get my shit together, that's exactly what i'm going to do.

went out in anacortes the other night with the only person on the island i can go out for drink with, jen, one of my mom's co-workers. it's possible we graduated from acquaintances to friends the other night, but i think one more night is needed to really make that decision. getting out of the house ruled, though. as much as i enjoy having cocktails, what i love more is the sitting and watching everyone else and thinking/talking about them. at heart i'm a pissy little vouyer. i made out with a fisherman five years my junior, and woke up with a blistering headache. good times!

movies i watched this week: accepted (yes, college educations are overrated. yes, this movie is a bit too long and not all that funny. the mac takes himself a bit seriously for my tastes); season one of kids in the hall (pure genius. we are not arguing this point!); and the hills have eyes (boring eyes). next on my list are beerfest and a man apart. fun loving frat boys and vin diesel! hooray!

it is possible i will go to a carnival tonight, if only to take some pictures of shiny, twirling things and to eat a corndog. it is also possible i will run out of steam before i finish taking a shower. if anyone is in the area and wants to come out and visit me, you are more than welcome to. i can give you the historical tour of my town and feed you delicious things and make you drink awful beer with me. if you love me, you'll indulge me.

No comments: