Tuesday, September 30, 2008

i really want a donut

but i don't think they're on the list of "things you should eat while sick." juice is on that list, and i bought a ton of it last night, much to my wallet's chagrin. juice is not cheap. i never buy it, so i didn't realize, but damn. orange growers must be living in mansions made of gold! either that, or they are scraping by like the rest of us, thanks to a shitty economy. there's no middle ground anymore, is there?

yesterday i was awake for four or five hours, max. today i'm hoping for longer. i was given the day off work today due to my delightfully mellifluous cough, so i don't even need to call in sick. then i get my two days off, making me out of work for four days straight, plus i only worked half a day on sunday. what sucks about this scenario though, is that i can't get sick pay because i wasn't out for three consecutive days; instead i have to use my vacation pay.

being sick makes me crabby and fussy and all i can do is think about how i have to quit my job, look at other job openings, and make sinister plans for the future. okay, maybe not sinister, per se, but i like the way that sounds.

No comments: