Sunday, September 28, 2008

someone get this midget off my chest

good lord, whatever it is i have is trying to kill me. what started as a mild sore throat, and a stuffy nose is now fully lodged in my chest. i feel like i'm being squeezed by a big old snake, or like someone small is sitting on my chest, occasionally stabbing it with something small and sharp. i have a bit of a cough, but it's more of a hack, and incredibly unpleasant. not bringing up a lot of mucus, not excruciating, but painful nonetheless.

The Boy came over and made me soup on his way home. he didn't stay, because he doesn't want to get sick and i have a tiny bed, but he did baby me a bit and make me a hot toddy. now my chest feels all warm and tight, and i'm sleepy again.

i felt lousy enough that i went home early, and will probably have to call out all day tomorrow. if the tightness in my chest doesn't ease up or my breathing get easier i'm also going to go into the urgent care clinic. or something. i feel like this can't be normal. while i don't have a fever, nothing i've done has helped ease up the pressure in my chest. hot baths, hot showers, hot toddys all felt better for a while, but once i'm done it back to shitsville.

bleh. The boy totally gets points for coming over, and making me soup and making me eat hot mustard (with chinese barbequed pork!) and drink juice. hopefully after a good night's sleep i'll feel better.

also, i totally have to get this off my chest, but i really fucking hate my roommate's current boyfriend situation. she's dating a total douchebag who totally fucking rubs me the wrong way. when i found out he was here this afternoon i really, seriously didn't want to get out of the bath. seeing him in my house pisses me off. i know she likes him, and she's always telling me he cracks her up and they have a good time, but he's a mean jerk and really, seriously not funny at all. he creeps me out. we have the same talk about him every time he's here, too, because she's always so fucking wasted she forgets we had it before. i need to find a new place to live. true story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mucinex will help you cough up the crap that's making your chest feel tight, we swear by it in our house!

Anonymous said...

Might be bronchitis — you probably need some antibiotics. (I'm not making a diagnosis, but your symptoms do sound familiar, this from a smoker...)

And yes, sounds like you need to find a nice little above-a-garage apartment somewhere where you can live by YOURSELF and not have to deal with roomies (or roomies' thieving kids).

This boy is nice! So far!