Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i'm already jinxed

i may as well blog about dating, especially since lately all i do is work and see The Boy. he needs a clever name, no? you can think of one for him and leave me a comment if you are so inclined! :-) i'm always thinking that blogging about boys jinxes the relationship, but i'm pretty sure it's other stuff that ruins it. honestly, even if things with The Boy do not work out (and there's always that chance!) there are enough interesting and fun things about him to make him worthwhile blog-fodder.

let's see, here are a few things about him, in no particular order; he's got a tween daughter, has never been married, makes fucking amazing salsa, wears a sweater vest under his shirt at all times*, reads a lot, plays the drums, likes to ride his bike, drinks his bourbon straight but with one tiny ice cube, has sort of a stoner laugh, makes me coffee in the morning even though he's not a big coffee drinker, works in a restaurant, goes to college for business stuff, loves football and heavy metal music. i like spending time with him. i feel both comfortable and totally nervous around him, and his roommate is a nice guy who made us both breakfast this morning. he says he likes my hair and my dark eyes, i tell him i like the dimple on his left cheek. he'll sleep on either side, or either end, of the bed. he's very laid back, and knows a ridiculous amount of interesting people.

i am probably spending too much time with him, lately, but i don't feel like i've overdosed on him yet. dating is nice. it's actually sort of fun. i was freaked out by his long-term relationship prior to me, but lately, not so much. i mean, what's going to happen will happen. the important thing now is to have a little fun, enjoy his good cooking and going out, and just see what happens.

*ooh! he's crazy hairy. i mean, it really looks like there's a sweater vest under his wifebeater. he's cute fuzzy, though, kind of like a blue heeler.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so know how this goes. except for me, the jinxing point was when I admitted to my best friend how I was *really* feeling... and now yeah, things kind of feel different all of a sudden. sigh. oh well. funny, the guy I am dating said he first noticed my dark hair and light eyes - and I always tell him I like his dimples.

here's to getting out there and just enjoying the moment, eh? :)

Anonymous said...

Uh, I've got to know what the footnote is on the "sweater vest under shirt" part...

Anonymous said...

How about "Salsa Larry"

Anonymous said...

I think I have that same sweater vest. Very fashionable this season.