Tuesday, September 28, 2010

smile!


oh my goodness, i had no idea how much a bite guard would change my life.  i know it sounds like hyperbole, but DAMN.  after the dentist pointed out where i was messing up my teeth with the grinding, he offered to make me a custom bite guard.  it was like a million dollars.  i politely declined, and said i'd try an over the counter one first.  after looking at reviews on amazon, i picked out this one.  it was easy to mold, not too uncomfortable to wear, and when i woke up this morning i realized how much the bruxism has been messing up  my sleep.  i felt ridiculously well-rested.  it was insane.  yeah, wearing the guard isn't cool looking, and i sound silly while talking in it, but it's worth it.  the sleep i had last night was superb.  if you're looking for a mouth guard, i'd recommend the one by dental hygiene preferred. 

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Is it soft? I have one from my dentist (that cost a million dollars) that is hard and unforgiving and it drives me insane. I kept pulling it out in my sleep, and I haven't worn it in a couple of years now. A soft pliable one sounds appealing.

amanda said...

it is a lot softer than the "professional" ones i've seen. kind of like a mouth guard for kids playing sports, only you mold it to your teeth by heating it up in warm water and chomping down.

i was afraid i'd pop out the smaller of the two when i slept, but it stayed in all night. it's awesome!