Monday, May 01, 2006

happy mail

happy orange goodness! today at work everything that could go wrong did go wrong, then went wrong again, and ended with me on hold with tech support. do you know how awful being on hold for tech support with a cell phone company is? it's miserable. it's actually not any better when you work for the cell phone company, just so you know. then i was going home for lunch and heard a rancid song on the radio and was immediately in a better mood. um... i know loving rancid won't increase my indie cred, but dammit. i love ruby soho!

on my way home from work i stopped for beer. i don't work tomorrow and was in the mood for a little pillowy-beery-softness, and they had a beer i haven't had in forever. buffalo bill's orange blossom cream ale. it's lovely and light and creamy and tastes like oranges. it reminds me of anne, and that makes me both sad and happy at the same time. she can't have beer right now anyway, so i'll have on for her.
i got home and found the stuff i ordered from giant robot waiting for me in my mailbox. the souther salazar book was sort of a lark; i was super curious about it because i love his art, and was thinking if i liked it i would send it to tiernan and get one for maggie. i didn't like it, i loved it. it's smart and sweet and clever and the kids aren't getting my copy. instead i'm ordering two more for them. maybe five million of them to send them to every kid i ever met in my whole life. you have to go get one right now if you know anyone under the age of seven who will sit still and let you read them a story.

tomorrow i want to go down to denver and see the body worlds exhibit. we'll see how i feel about that then, i don't want to plan anything. for now i'm going to have another beer and check out the sale at threadless.

4 comments:

Spacebeer said...

That Orange Blossom beer is the best ever.

Anonymous said...

I'm sad because they are out of the shirt I *really* like, the nerdy bird, with the argyle - so cute! Darnit.

Anne said...

I really want one of those beers! Have two for me! I might have Aaron pick some up and I can sneak sips from him...

Good Company said...

Great choices and great author.