Tuesday, May 16, 2006

nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands


what i love most about cable tv these days is a little something they call on demand. with it, you can watch pay-per-view movies, or even better, free movies. whenever you feel like it! which is, right now.

hannah and her sisters is on. everytime i watch a woody allen movie i feel like maybe i was born in the wrong city, in the wrong faith, and like my hair should have been curly all along. if i can't actually be a nebbish jewish girl, than my next best bet is marrying a nice jewish boy. (all of my favorite uncles are nice jewish boys! sure, i also like brown boys like my pop, but i could still see myself settling down with ira glass. or ben stiller.) my chances of finding one are probably better anywhere but here in the midwest, but what can i do. i like the big sky. i like the cowboy hats, i like long, straight roads, and the sun. i like to think of colorado as a palate cleanser for me, because as much as i love it out here, i miss the city. granted, seattle wasn't a big city, but it was mine. i liked the three a.m. walks over to the gold exchange for cheap beer and cigarettes, i miss the spicy chicken livers from ezelle's, and for crying out loud, i miss uwajimaya and chinatown.

that's not to say i don't like it here. today was an especially nice day. slept in late, had lunch outside with the kitten and my roommate while she re-potted some plants, went to old navy where i bought a bag i did not need, and i found a plain black pair of slip on canvas shoes that now have gold skulls on them. both roommates went out tonight and i'm wandering around the apartment in my tank top and pj bottoms, drinking beer and watching on demand movies. i don't work tomorrow until late. it was really sunny today, so the upstairs is all hot and comfortable. the cat and i took a nap together. i picked up the new raconteurs album, which i like very much.

i took a million photos today, but haven't downloaded any. maybe tomorrow. i'm working on my new law & order towel, although it's a bit too warm up here to get much done. when i work i do it on a pillow on my lap, so i don't have to lean way over. the pillow i like best is down, which makes me even hotter. it's hard to do any sort of needlework when your hands are sweaty. i might have to get a new pillow. other than that i'm super excited that i'm getting closer and closer to my vacation, and you know what's sad is that the thing i'm looking forward to most right now is not wearing a uniform for seven whole days. if you see my in a black polo shirt in texas, please make sure to slap me. i've already bought some new cute summer things, and i can't wait to have a week where i look like me and not some dumpy girl in khaki pants. whoo!

::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Khaki pants are the work of the devil. I'm looking forward to your vacation, so I can live vicariously through you. And maybe you will find a nice cowboy hat wearing Jewish boy. Stranger things have happened.

Anonymous said...

i want those shoes! give them to me NOOOOOWWW!!!!

Anne said...

Tiernan LOVES your shoes! He's very obsessed with skeletons right now-he loves my Grateful Dead shirt.