Wednesday, May 17, 2006

ugh

i feel totally burnt out. on work, on colorado, on me, on everything. if i were a man, i'd grow a mustache right about now, just to take a break from my face. i've tried to blame this torpidity on the moon, customers, barometric pressure (my new favortie patsy), all to no avail. i think it's just me. i'm bored because i'm boring. if i take a few days off, it's because posts like this are ridiculous. i feel guilty not posting every day because i've basically been doing that for a few years now, but i feel worse posting drivel.

next week i get two days off in a row, which is what i think i need. one day off here and there doesn't give me much time to fully relax. i feel wound up tighter than a two-dollar-watch, like a bundle of raw nerves who are not happy to be here. more and more i notice my shoulders are all hunched together and my brow has a perma-furrow. i woke up in a bad mood a few days ago, and have yet to shake it. stupid, stupid neurosis. maybe what i really need is a nice shrink who believes in better living through chemistry, i.e. xanax.

a good night's sleep will have to do, though. cross your fingers.

(i've also totally convinced myself that looking for a new job was dumb, my interview was horrible, and i am doomed to sell cell phones by the sea shore until i pull out all my hair. at which point they'll move me to telephone customer service so no one will stare at the bald patches.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but your alliteration is so alliterative! and tongue-twisty!

dm said...

definitely the barometric pressure. that has to be it.

Anonymous said...

you are not boring.

Good Company said...

I work in a call center as a CS rep, and I work there just for that reason. I can't stand working in the public eye anymore (retired hair dresser of 10 yrs) my remedy, take a mental health day, along with your two days off in a row, and pamper yourself!