Saturday, June 20, 2009

good morning starshine

there is a whole hell of a lot on today's agenda, which is unusual for a saturday at our house. to wit,
  • my sister and niece are coming over! for breakfast and then...
  • local berry dairy parade! if maggie loves anything more than a parade, i'm not sure what it is.
  • i've already made a whole, 12-cup, pot of coffee. when the girlchild, my sister and i hit it, we'll need all 12 cups.
  • making some sort of fun father's day craft for D. the girlchild has already made him something fabulous, i'm going to try to talk the boychik into doing something for his pop.
  • berry dairy also involves the park across the way being overtaken with food and crafts and stuff, so there will be lots of wandering and stuff going on as well.
  • after that, i really should unpack some stuff. honestly. last night i started, then took a nap, then watched a whole lot of cartoons on our new cable tv.
whew. this is just our morning plans. the rest of the day is wide open; my mom is supposed to come over to pick up my lovely niece so she'll see our house for the first time. this made D nervous and he did a whole lot of cleaning yesterday. i think the house looks great, even with my boxes everywhere, but i want to do some more work. having my sister over will help; she's good at helping me sort the wheat from the chaff, as it were. i need to get rid of a lot of stuff, and she's the girl to help me out.

i should be in the shower now, cleaning myself up! hopefully tomorrow i'll have photos of our day!

No comments: