Tuesday, June 23, 2009

long weekend


me and mag, originally uploaded by pinprick.

my sister and maggie came over on saturday to hit the parade with us! it was super fun, i think maggie had a good time. we drove her to my mom's in the afternoon, and she was sad to see the kids go. she followed the girlchild everywhere, and when we left she said, "you come back soon!" and gave out kisses. man, i love that baby.

i couldn't for the life of me find my bike lock key this weekend, so i had the boychik use bolt cutters to cut it off. he felt like a hoodlum, which was fun, and i finally could use my bike! i rode it all over this weekend, and even did a test run riding to work. it's a little over two and half miles from my house to work and the ride itself only took about 17 mins (i timed it with my fancy watch). not a bad ride, not too long, but i didn't do it this morning because i had to be here at 6:30, and also because i rode so much this weekend my butt's a bit sore. i haven't been out riding my bike in forever, so it was awesome to get back out on it. i figure i'll try riding to work a few times week, or at least take rides when i get off work. it will take me a while to get back into shape enough to not be tired after five miles, but it will totally be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous pic of both of you!
Tabitha.