Monday, June 12, 2006

i think it's gonna be a long, long time

hi! i'm home now. doing a little laundry, putting things away, starting to sort through my photos. i love my little canon, but to be honest, sometimes things are a bit grainier than i wish they would be. out of 500+ photos, though, there are bound to be some i like.

a short list before bed!

things i learned in texas:
  1. my new no-name hippy deodorant isn't half bad. i found it at target and it was $2 so i tried it. it's just like tom's of maine, only a bit less expensive.
  2. i love lynda barry. (i can't believe it took this long to figure it out! marlys forever!)
  3. mexican coca-cola is way better than regular.
  4. you can wrap a sausage in a tortilla and eat it.
  5. tater tots can be grilled!
  6. swimming will make your shoulder muscles all sore, but in a good way.
  7. you should sunscreen the part in your hair if you have one. it's the only part of me that got sunburned. (aside from this odd patch on my shoulder that's about two inches long and one wide. i think my swimsuit strap moved.)
  8. it's impossible for me to fly without thinking about rocket man.
  9. peep is slightly evil, but i love her anyway. she came into my room this morning while i was peeing, and i didn't realize it. i woke up a few hours later and she was sprawled out on me, licking my face and purring. i am going to miss peep and stinky.
  10. i should have done more training for my trip. i could not stay awake long enough to hang out with everyone (yes, roo, this means you). next time i go to texas, i'm going to do some serious training before i get there. i will drink beers and stay up late and be ready.
  11. i can't possibly write about the whole trip in a list, so you'll get more later. i'm extra-tired now, not looking forward to going back to work, and thinking if texas hadn't been crazy-hot i would have just sent for my stuff and stayed forever. austin was great, but more than that, everyone i met there kicked ass. people i already knew i like even more now, if that's at all possible, and there were tons of other people that were beyond nice to me. it was a great trip. an amazing, wonderful, spectacular trip. i'm glad i went. i want to go back. but now, i see a sleeping pill and some reading in my future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get used to the heat. Ok, somewhat. Regardless, it was great to see you and hang out and all that jazz.

Spacebeer said...

Sausages wrapped in tortillas are one of my favorite Texas discoveries. We have lots of tortillas in Nebraska, but why did I never think of that before?

Unknown said...

You can grill tatot tots? My life just got a whole lot better.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, grilled tater tots. (And they don't slip down between the grate?) It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Seems like it went by awfully fast, though. (I'll bet you agree). ~Tonya

Anonymous said...

Drinking takes training. Train every day. You WILL be rewarded.

I am sorry I had to miss the bulk of your visit.

roo

Anonymous said...

Hey. What's up with all in-flight wing pics? Oh. Was it me? On my former blog which has re-risen as a spectacular unformed-unfinished bird of shit?