- telling the boychik to walk slowly, i wasn't too good with heels.
- our friend and officiant got one of those books that seems to spontaneously burst into flames when you open it, which is how he started the wedding. we're not sure everyone got the rapture joke, but we thought it was funny.
- both D and i winged our part of the vows, and i was struck by how beautiful D's were. really. i'm not just saying that because he's my husband.
- we were late getting upstairs because i run on indian time, the end. it's the only native thing i do, and i can't help it, i just get there when i do.
- we lucked out and hired an amazing photographer, who took care of us all day long. honestly, i only met her that day, and she was crazy helpful and wonderful and took a million and two photos. all of which i can't wait to see!
- we had a whole lot of guests! that was a little overwhelming for me. looking out at all those happy faces made me feel so fortunate.
- all of the pies my friends and family made were amaze-balls. OMG so much pie! at one point, i just wandered down the table with a fork, taking bites. you know, because i could.
- i met a lot of D's friends that were delightful.
- my friend Anne really went above and beyond in both the days leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. she let me vent and never told me to "breathe," she just listened and said, "yeah, that sucks." she gave a touching toast (it was one of the times i teared up) and i don't think i could have made it through the day with any shred of sanity if she hadn't been there. yay!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
i am now a mrs.
whew. weddings are exhausting. i thought i was tired the other night, but i had no idea. the day went great! there were a few hiccups early on, and i had an honest-to-goodness annoyed bride moment (although i don't think i was too much of a jackass), and then i thought i was going to have a panic attack when i got my wedding dress on, but suddenly we were all walking upstairs and then boom! married. it does all go by quickly, and afterward it seems like a happy blur, but here are a few things i remember clearly.