Friday, August 04, 2006

the highlight of my day

wasn't the two cocktails that made me all soft and pillow-y, rather, it was the crazy old hippy who hugged me at work today. there's something about a dirty old man with a long ponytail and a yen for composting toilets that pleases me tremendously. he asked my name, and when i told him he sighed and said, "that's wonderful, i love that name." then he wanted to know my last name, which i told him, but then added that someday i hope it's "pants." he laughed out loud and said, "amanda pants, i will be back to see you." then he hugged me and left and my co-workers made fun of me for being a softy for old hippy guys. what can i say? three magic words and i'm yours. "off the grid."

dorkiness aside, the mustache so far is winning the race. i'm looking over here for the perfect one. i'm also drawing some pictures, and looking through past photos trying to find one i like. i'm thinking about growing my bangs out. i'm chasing the cat around the house on a regular basis, which she complains loudly about but i think she secretly loves. i have a load of laundry that needs to go into the drier. i actually interviewed for that other job at work. i don't think i'll get it, but i did get a free cup of coffee out of the deal. also, i watched the machinist the other night and realized that i will never again want to make out with christian bale. once you see all of a man's vertebrae, it's over.

1 comment:

wixlet said...

1. i hope to some day live off the grid. i am frequently made fun of for my love of yurts.

2. i think you ought to have a contest and have all your friends and blogstalkers send in a drawing of you. though the mustache is good.

3. i vote for bangs grower-outery.

4. i like skinnyish guys, but yeah, when the spine is a-showin', i'm done.