Tuesday, August 08, 2006

the list

do you remember the list from friends? it goes like this; you make a list of five famous people that you have permission to sleep with no matter what. once you make the list, if you run into one of those people and have the chance to have sex with them, you can, with no recrimination from your partner. my sister and i have been talking about the list for weeks now, and we've made a few modifications. along with the original five, we have decided that you can indeed make changes to the list, however, all parties must be notified of said change and if you happen to run into someone you bumped off the list, you cannot take it back. we've also added two alternates to the list, one being "someone famous old enough to be a parent" and "person of the gender you don't normally sleep with." this means if you are a hetero guy, you can add one man to your list, since i date boys i can add one girl, etc. this means seven total people on the list!

yes, it's true i don't have a boyfriend right now, but since the list has been so agonizing to make i don't feel weird trying to put it together now. you know, it's like buying cute underwear just in case. even with all the weeks i've had to put my list together, i still only have two spots definitely filled. two. this isn't brain surgery, and yet i can't figure it out. right now this is my tentative list:
  1. andy samberg. i know, i know, not exactly brad pitt but five million times smarter and funnier and with all that great hair. he's for sure on the list, for the hair alone.
  2. andy garcia. he's got this way of talking that makes me all tingly in the swimsuit area region. i think he's the only reason i like the godfather III (that and it lets me indulge in my envy of sofia coppola), but i'm not sure he'll stay on the list.
  3. luke wilson. my sister and i argued over who got which wilson brother, since we both like them both. it was decided that luke was more my type and owen was more hers.
  4. i do sort of love jason schwartzman, but then i listened to his commentary in i heart huckabees, and i don't think i could actually talk to him. he's sort of pretentious and annoying. but he was max fischer!
  5. mark wahlberg. markie mark mark mark...there is something about that man that makes me weak in the knees. although to be honest, i feel bad about this one because of his cute girlfriend and his kids. i'm not sure he's on the list. although i'd bump schwartzman for him.
  6. the rock. i could never actually get the rock, but he's so handsome! and huge! and seems like an honestly nice guy. he's dreamy, all manly but with a soft interior.
  7. i sometimes think i would add johnny knoxville to the list, but he seem kind of...trampy. so no, he's off.
  8. adrien brody should be in the final five, mainly because he made a very special "guest appearance" in a dream once and i loved him in dummy (which is a film no one has seen but is really very good). added bonus: getting to shout "yo, adrien!" when i wanted his attention.
  9. jean reno. i can't tell if he should be in the final five or as the alternate "old enough to be my pop" category. he just seems kind of intense and brooding and i like his accent. plus, the professional is one of my favorite films.
in the "old enough to be my parent category," it's a tie between jim jarmusch and bill murray. i have a feeling if pressed, i will go with jim. in the "person of the gender i don't normally sleep with" i'd have to say it's either milla jovovich or lili taylor. or maybe anjelica huston, although i don't really want to make out with her so much as i want to have coffee and have her help me with my make-up.

i need to whittle the list down, obviously. and you need to start making yours and tell me what they are. together we can get our lists together! i just know it!

other folks to consider: robert downy jr., jake gylenhall, ben stiller, naomi watts, ewan mcgregor, eddie izzard, john lurie, chris noth, chris meloni, stephen malkmus, ira glass, johnathon goldstein, and hugh jackman.

4 comments:

Spacebeer said...

Luke Wilson and Mark Wahlberg are two more of my secret boyfriends! But Jason Schwartzman? I love Max Fischer as much as the next gal, but I think he just got lucky and everything else this dude has ever done erases the goodness of that role.

And I would go with Jim Jarmusch (also an SB). I saw him speak once and I almost melted. He has very nice lips. Also he is tall.

Anonymous said...

oh! luke. and marky mark. and the rock. and adrien brody! and johnny knoxville (I don't mind the trampiness apparently)!

and milla is also on my other list :)

hey, I like your taste! ;)

Anonymous said...

I guess we have very different taste in men. I'd take Mark Wahlberg (but what gay man doesn't want him?) and Johnny Knoxville (but only if I can bathe him first). Your footnote has a couple of good 'uns - Jake Gyllenhaal, Ewan McGregor. Jeremy Piven is my favorite, though. And Joaquin Phoenix. And Joe Rogan.

wixlet said...

This is the first time I've even contemplated something like this. I tell you, I live in a pop culture cave, as the following will show you (in absolutely no particular order). And I should state that I'm sooo weird about getting it on with people that these are really just cuties that I'd like to take out for pie and coffee and maybe a little making out before calling it a night. I pretty much have to know someone for at least 2 years before I'll contemplate The Deed (which explains how I always had this friend/no, boyfriend!/no, friend! problem in my single days).

Birthday Party-era Nick Cave
Ewan McGregor (I almost forgot about him!)
John Cusack
Duckie (I can't really say Jon Cryer, because I don't really know much about -him-, but I will always carry a small torch for the fictional character he played)
Chow Yun-Fat
Leslie Cheung (though he was gay, and committed suicide a couple of years ago, sigh)
Tony Leung

Wait, is that too many? Can you see my two distinct 'types' in that list? I bet you can!

And the girls, hmm...maybe PJ Harvey, but I might be too intimidated by her. Hmm. I will have to contemplate that.

And I can't even go in the direction of dudes who are about to qualify for social security. I had a hard enough time dating a guy who was 10 years my senior when I was 21. I'll let you have my allotment of older guys.