Sunday, August 13, 2006

nocturnal mole girl

there is something about 11:30 at night that makes me want to clean stuff, fold clothes, make the bed, do a mud mask and pull out the vacuum. it goes totally against my slug-like nature. maybe i'm nocturnal. do you think there's something wrong with me?

i bought some cute yarn today, finished everything but the thumb on a new pair of mittens, picked up some magazines (stupid interweave knits came in a bag this month, making it impossible for me not to buy. i had to know what was in there!) , got all the stuff i've been meaning to mail but avoiding together, and now the venture brothers are on, so i might become less productive. although the past few weeks i've missed big chunks of the venture brothers because they come on at exactly the same time as my instudrious attacks.

last night i stayed up until three because i found the fuse channel and had to watch massive amounts of music videos. i grew up with early mtv, and can't help my deep love of teensy movies set to music. i also discovered another reason to love the raconteurs: their video for steady as she goes. 1: little jack lawrence has a villianous mustache, 2: paul reubens is in it, 3: jack white's incredible cuteness. while watching videos last night i also started thinking about adding danger mouse to my list. i don't have any musicians on there, plus he's super cute, has great hair and judging by his work with the cartoon network, would indulge me in my love of cartoons. then i saw the video for 30 seconds to mars, and realized that jared leto is still pretty, but still strikes me as pretty dumb as well. i hate how in interviews with his band he's always in a unibomber hoodie like we won't recognize him as jordan catalano. sorry, jordan, that's not going to happen. yay for rocking the eyeliner, though! we need more men wearing makeup, as far as i'm concerned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had steady as she goes in my head all day...