Monday, January 29, 2007

i slept in the closet last night

and honestly, i might sleep there forever. it's a big closet, with plenty of room for my air mattress, a tiny lamp and all my clothes. plus, there's a built-in shelf in there where i can keep all my books and stuff. then, with the main room i'll use my futon as a couch, set up my computer desk and my sewing table, a tv/dvd player and all my crafty stuff. then i can lounge and watch movies without doing it from my bed, and then chances are i'll nap less. if i get to jonesing a big bed for sleeping, i can pull it out.

it's just an idea for now. i'm going to try it and see how i like it. moving sucks. moving into someone else's house also sucks. last night i basically got reprimanded like a teenager and had to spend a whole lot of time listening to the rules of the house. i know i'm the third wheel, the interloper, the cheese that stands alone and i'm pretty okay with that for the most part; but spending a large amount of time explaining to me how i need to rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher is insulting. i've lived with these people for over a year now, and for the sake of clarity, i always rinse dishes before putting them in the washer. that's how i was raised. (actually, we never had a dishwasher growing up, but the first time i got one i thought that's how it was done so i started rinsing then and never stopped!) i feel tense and tired and the vents to my room from the furnace weren't opened, and i woke up freezing and i feel like i'll never warm up. on the upside, i have a bathtub and i bought some mr. bubble and had myself a good long soak. no matter where i live from now on, i'm insisting on a bathtub. i also need a cup of coffee now and a bagel. internet service for the next week is going to be choppy; i can post and read emails from my phone though, so don't go into hiding. i need someone to talk to and some interruptions. that's your cue, baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new home, Amanda.

Anonymous said...

I once had a roommate who lived in my walk-in closet (it was off of the living room) but it was big enough for his bed, two dressers, and a couple of guitars. But roommates, in general, suck. Right now it's just the little man and I and it rules. All we need now? Some cats. Cats that won't get old and die for a good long while. Sigh.

Good luck with your new house and the house rules. At least you can hide out and take a bubble bath, as needed.