Monday, January 22, 2007

"it's all right, it's okay"

i woke up this morning confused by all the sun, then realized i was sleeping upstairs, above ground, for the first time in a long time and hey! when the sun comes up it's brighter! this piece of a song was (is) stuck in my head, and i've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what it is.

"it's all right, it's okay; it's all right, it's okay," it's a jaunty little part of the song, and i'm sure i have the rest of it stored somewhere in my brain, but separated from context i cannot figure out what it is. i have narrowed it down to a song from sometime in the mid to late 90's; around the time i graduated from high school, 1995. i can very clearly remember the perfume i wore then (amber oil), a few of my favorite sweaters (including one beautiful orange wool cardigan that i got rid of a few years ago in a mass purging, although i did keep one of the buttons from it), how my hair was cut (shorter), the bobby pins i used to wear in it (butterflies and hearts and stars oh my!), and the group of kids i was hanging out with (oak harbor kids, mostly). it's all there! i remember singing along to this song in the car, and i feel like it might have been a local band from seattle that sang it, but i can't figure out who.

it's making me crazy. a part of me suspects it's a phish song, buried deep in my subconscious, but i tried googling it and came up with nothing. does any of this ring a bell with you?

No comments: