Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'VE HAD TOO MUCH ROCKSTAR

and while that's helping me get stuff done, i think my heart might pound it's way out of my chest, fall into a box that i will continue to fill and then i'll spend all morning tomorrow trying to find it before i head to work. also, my palms are sweaty.

i'm going to switch to beer now, so that at some point tonight i'll sleep. kids, don't try this at home.

above is a photo i ran into while putting things away; it's me and my dad, in college. i have to admit, we are cute.

p.s. got 6 boxes packed up! i could do more, but to be honest i'm beginning to crash. i have 6 days left, and that's a lot of days. tomorrow night i start getting stuff out of the house, then i have the whole weekend off. although no one is going to be surprised if i take a bit longer to get out, i still have a sneaking suspicion my dragging feet annoys one of my roommates. i don't think it's necessarily that i'm in her way, or impeding her move (she's all out!), but i think my complete inability to ask for help of any kind is irritating her. i just don't want to impose, you know? plus, i'm slow and like to move at my own pace. little bursts of energy, spread out over time. i could use a hand, i admit. more than anything i just need someone to do the whole, "put that in here, and that over there, and this in the trash." hey dave, want to come over?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap, I'm late! Has anyone seen my heart?

That picture is so good. It's almost timeless.

Laurel said...

now that i see that picture of your pops, i feel certain that i remember seeing him around the Anthro dept. when i was there! (95-97).

dm said...

Why? You didn't listen to me the first time! I still feel pangs of guilt for the disaster area we left your old landlord.

also, yes, cute pic.

amanda said...

but dave, even if i didn't listen, i had fun! fun should count for something!

and laurel, i'm pretty sure you did see my pop around campus. everyone did. i think he was the only older native guy in classes, not teaching them. plus, he used to smoke and so he was always outside!