Saturday, January 20, 2007

another intermission

the house is full of dust, my glasses were covered in it, and i'm sneezing like you wouldn't believe. my hair is a giant braided rat's nest, although oddly enough my room is cleaner now than it has been in months.

the purging part of packing is wonderful. i forget about that. also wonderful: energy drinks. it's a good thing i didn't grow up with them, i would have been impossible. more wonderful: loud hip hop music. i actually do feel like getting stuff done!

however, i have to do my secret boyfriend saturday post! i still haven't done one this year, and that's just not cool.

this week's entry will be short but sweet and to the point.

i had a very sexy dream about this man earlier this week.
first things first: he cooks. he cooks well. and he does without so much of the pretension that seems to pervade chefs. he's not interested in your adoration as much as he loves cooking and making the perfect meal. okay, he likes the attention too. can you blame him? also, look: he's eating my favorite animal.
he's a writer as well, and a damn good one. everything of his i've read i've found totally engrossing, funny, sarcastic, witty, and dead sexy. i think it's the swagger he has, both on page and off that makes him so attractive to me. it's that surety he has about himself that i can't get enough of.
he loves to travel. more than that, he seems to share my own feelings about travel, which is a very "when in rome..." attitude. who knows, maybe that's just his television persona but it feels very genuine. i have very little patience for people who look at what the locals eat and turn up their noses, and know more than a few people who won't eat anything but american-ized fare when they travel. plus, he hates woody harrelson and his raw food bullshit as much as i do! knowing that he's a man i could sit down and eat fois gras, spicy beef tendon, or squid with makes me totally hot.

anthony bourdain, if you ever come to colorado and want to make out, look me up. congratulations on being the first secret boyfriend of 2007!

5 comments:

dm said...

you're the worst packer ever! also, I'd take some of that bourdain action!

amanda said...

you're right, i am the worst packer ever. i'd rather just set fire to the apartment than pack it in boxes!

Spacebeer said...

You nabbed one of my SBs this week! I caught his show on cable over the holidays and couldn't stop swooning.

Anonymous said...

he's the sb of both the boy and me-my-mine too! except for the earring. earrings are minus points unless they're big doofy spacers or odd. you know what i mean.
-chew

Anonymous said...

yesss I like Mister Bourdain too. It's the wit and sarcasm that get me, but then, he seems so genuine with the people he meets too (at least on tv)... *sigh*