Saturday, January 27, 2007

shopping!

i bought a few things yesterday that made me happy, so i thought i would share. a little internet shopping helps me digest the idea of moving.


cute new hair clips courtesy thea starr. i'm telling you this not because i'm biased (thea rules, it's true), but in all honesty every single thing i've ever ordered from thea has been ridiculously cute and wonderful and well-made. getting ready to cut my hair means getting my hair accessories in order. it also eases the pain of waiting for my goddamn bangs to finally be long enough to pin to the side. i got the sparrow bobby pins, and the yellow and red stars. although now that i think about it, maybe i should have also gotten the pink and red ones....

and i was lucky enough to snatch up two joe the egg paintings from mr. goodsell's etsy shop. i felt greedy taking both of the ones up this morning, but i bet you couldn't have resisted either. i'm going to put them in gold frames to go with all the other wonderful things i have framed also in gold. i'm thinking of grouping them all together above my bed in the new place, as a sort of painted substitute for a headboard.

spent all last night actually packing, went to bed at 2 and was up at 8! all by myself too, no alarm clocks. it was supposed to snow tomorrow, but it started today, which is kind of annoying. i mean, i love the snow, i'm happy it's here, but did it have to show up on a day when i'd planned on being in and out of the house a lot? plus, now i get the added stress of trying not to bite it while trasferring boxes from the house to the car. whoo! moving rules.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I really like the headboard idea!

Anonymous said...

I just bought an egg painting too. Yep, couldn't resist.