Monday, July 31, 2006

boo, hiss

hi! i'm not ignoring you. i just don't have anything fun to say. i've been knitting some stuff, and reading some books, and watching too many movies. would it be horribly sad and pathetic to admit that watching all three netflix movies in one weekend makes me feel like the most accomplished girl on the planet? i watched movies! that i paid for! in a timely manner! i also changed all the pillowcases on my bed, but not the sheets. they're just so big and such a pain in the ass, and i got part of the bed-making done and then called it a day. lazy is my middle name.

i also have been telling people all week that i'm going to change my last name to "pants" which i think will be the most hilarious thing on earth. however, did you know legally changing your name is a gigantic pain in the ass? it is. it involves actual court dates and and petitions and blah blah blah. however, if i were to just get married, it would be easy. just carry around your stupid marriage license and the world bows to your newly named self. jerks! what about us spinsters who just want a new name? one without a hyphen and something that will make us crack up at random times? i said it before, and i'll say it again, jerks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

weren't you going to a concert?

dm said...

out of all the possible new last names you've mentioned, that's the only one I approve of.

Anne said...

When you were in Bellingham did you ever meet Space Robot? He'd legally changed his name!

Anonymous said...

So, have you logged into match.com and started looking for mates with the last name of pants?

lady3jane said...

I have both gotten married and changed my name. Separatly.

For the name I had to go in person, file paperwork, stand in front of a judge for 5 minutes. Of course they inserted a couple hours between the filing and judging which sucks.

For the marriage license I had to go in with my husband to be, file paperwork, get license. Then we had to wait at least three days. Then we had to have someone marry us.

I'd say the name change was actually easier. It was at least quicker.

Pants would be a great last name. For anyone. Or everyone!

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Do it! Actually, I want to legally change the little man's last name. His hyphenated last name - I blame that on the percocet I was still taking at the hospital when they forked over the paperwork. Anyhow, I never thought I'd get married at all, but I've been married twice now and the first time was mainly so that I could be Mrs. Wrisky. It was funny at the time. But these days I'm back to the last name I was born with, and I like that just fine (and the current husband, with his bland-o-rama last name, doesn't mind at all).

amanda said...

i met space robot only once. but i admit i always admired his name!

and i did just go to a concert, although there wasn't much to write about there. the amphitheater was amazing, the show was okay (i was more there to see the big red rocks and tailgate), i drank too much lambic and told some girl who tried to rush me out of the bathroom by knocking that she could go to hell. you know, the normal stuff!

Anonymous said...

okay if your name was ______ pants i would have to marry you immedietly.