Tuesday, July 18, 2006

hypothermia -or- i am secretly fifteen years old

two things:
  1. if you have really long hair, yes, dying your hair yourself will save you tons of money. however, it will also probably mean that you have a weird spot in the back that doesn't dye because you can't reach it. lucky for you, you have to use a mirror to see that part, so who cares?
  2. make sure you have a towel you can get all messed up because you will need it for not just your hair. you will also need it to clean up the spatters and schmutz that gets everywhere. also, if you use your bare hands in the shower to wash up, they will get all blue and freakish looking. well, they will if you use freakish dark dye.
  3. my hair is now the same color as my grandmother's. crazy-old-lady-blackie-black. well, the front is.
  4. damn! four things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need to succumb to the 15 year old we have stashed inside of us. I'm secretly counting the days until I can get my tattoo! Wanna come with me?

wixlet said...

I just helped my 14-year-old sister-in-law dye her hair for the first time. It was fun and I was reminded of when I started coloring my hair. She has hair about as long as yours, and I know how weird it was for me to try to color all of that hair with one box of dye (I wasn't really thinking when she went to buy the dye, or I would have said 'get two boxes'), so you are a home haircoloress hero to me.

She didn't go blue-black or ask me to double-process it so that she could add pink streaks (both of which I expected). She picked a nice low-peroxide auburn (though she didn't quite realize it was low-peroxide, and I didn't tell her), which was going over her naturally black hair, and the results were subtle, yet noticeable, and she felt like she'd gotten away with quite a lot. Ah, youth.

Spindle. said...

Heh, and even if you do have a towel, wear a shirt you can get dyed in odd splotches. Otherwise your skin will look strange.